Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming back home!


Camarron finally got his orders for his first duty station. We joked a lot about how funny it would be if we got stationed at Hill AFB, Utah. Especially because I just moved from exactly there! We knew it was a possibility because Cam will be working on F-16 fighter jets and Hill AFB has F-16's. However, we never in a million years thought we would go there.


It is sure funny though how the Lord makes things happen in our lives. We will be leaving on May 1st (as of right now, things always change here) to head back to, you guessed it, Hill AFB. Apparently there is some reason Heavenly Father wants us to go back there, because NEVER (well, almost never now) do people get sent back to their hometown to work unless you are in the National Guard.


I won't lie, I was very disappointed when I heard the news. At first we both just laughed. Then we would pause a moment, look at each other, and laugh some more because really, when you think about it, it is pretty hillarious. And of course, things like this only happen to us. But I was disappointed. I wanted to go travel to some place new and exciting! I wanted to get away from Utah. For once in my life I was actually looking forward to this new and really big change. That is probably why we are going back to Utah, because that is exactly not what I was expecting. :.)


However, we are making the best of it. Hill AFB is actually a really nice base and many people try for a long time to get stationed there. Cam is more excited than I am, but I'm getting there. We decided that once we are moved back in and settled, we are getting that puppy that I have wanted for some time now. That makes me excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment