Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Occupying my time...

My first year of college I had to do part of a very large research paper/book. My portion was on JFK. I was pretty excited about my assignment because I got to learn about his well beloved President who apparently was so important to this country they decided to put his face on the fifty cent peice! Well, the more I learned about him, the more I really disliked him. Ever since then I have had this strange fascination with the man and his family. I am trying really hard to figure out why he was looked at as being so amazing. My opinion of him after my research project was not very good at all. However, I decided I needed to know a little more about the man to really have a strong opinion of him. So I picked up this book at the library here at Sheppard AFB and have been doing a lot of reading. The more I read, the more I see that my first opinion (which wasn't a very good one) still stands. I still have hope though that as I continue learning about JFK's life that he will show some true character that will change my mind about him and I will see that there really was a good reason for putting his face on a coin.

If any of you out there have opinions on JFK I would love to hear them. I have however gained a lot of compassion for the poor guy. He had major health problem his entire life that couldn't really be explained at the time because of their lack of medical knowledge and he spent a lot of time in the hospital just suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment