Friday, April 3, 2009

Yes...We are still here in Texas.


Things here are actually moving quite fast. We only have just over 3 weeks left before we head back to Utah. It is kind of a strange time here. A lot of our friends that we have made are finished and leaving Sheppard and new people are coming in. It's always hard to see friends leave, but soon it will be us leaving and we will be coming back to friends and family in Utah.


Don't ask me what Cam is doing. He never smiles normally in his pictures. :) This is a picture of Cam and I with one of our friends that just left, Shawn Fiagle.

Camarron is still excelling in school. He has 95% and is trying really hard to keep it that high so he can graduate as an Honor Graduate. Because he had the highest grade percentage in the class his instructor has assigned him to tutor some of the students that are struggling. Part of me was bugged about that because he doesn't get ot spend as much time with me in the evenings, but it is cool to see my husband do so well at something he never imagined he would be doing (meaning mechanics). We are very excited to get into the operational side of the Air Force and start working towards Cam getting into Officer Training School and eventually into pilot training.




A couple weeks ago I was going crazy here. I wanted to just get up and go somewhere else for the weekend. However, Camarron isn't allowed to go more than 25 miles away from the base unless he has special permission and a bunch of paperwork filled out. So we decided to go camping in our apartment. We made a fort and I bought camping snacks and we camped. It was fun.


This is during our construction of the fort. I'm just grateful I had enough blankets and sheets.


And this is Camarron's eye.


Also to update you a little bit, I am now enrolled and registered to go to school at Weber State University for the summer semster as soon as we get back to Utah. I am going to finish my art degree up there. I am going to be taking 18 credit hours, so I'll will be just as busy with things as Cam is once we get back.

1 comment:

  1. Forts are the best! Remember all the forts we'd make in my family's basement? Good times.

    ReplyDelete